Thursday, September 11, 2008

My First Day Off















I am so excited that today I had absolutely nothing planned as far as tours or excursions. Since I left the US I have been on a schedule. Daily, we go on tours, trips, and special events. Don't get me wrong, everything so far has been incredible to experience, but it is nice once in a while to have a lazy day, and when I say lazy I mean LAZY! The day begin with me sleeping in until noon! It was so great so sleep until I naturally woke up, versus running around, grabbing whatever I can find for breakfast, and boarding a bus full of students. Meredith and I both took our time getting read. Okay okay I didn't really get ready. I pulled a sweatshirt over my head, threw on some jeans, and pulled my hair into a ponytail. We headed out to the tram to catch a ride to the city. We had coffee, shopped a little (I finally found a purse with a zipper), and then headed back to the apartments. We both spent some time on the internet, and then had some friends over for dinner.  If you don't go out to eat, it is a little hard to find things to eat. I had a piece of pita bread with lettuce and a slice of Gouda cheese. It was interesting. We then went for a walk around the city. Can I just remark how gorgeous Prague is at night! Its seriously unreal. We went up by the Prague Castle and over to the Cathedral. I literally stand with my head cocked straight up for minutes and minutes just starring at the intricate detail. It was incredible. We headed back and now I'm packing for the weekend. We are taking a three day trip to Moravia, which I'm so excited about. I'm really loving it her more and more. I try my best not to let myself get to homesick by staying busy. Tomorrow may be a little tough since its my birthday and I'm so far away. I have met amazing friends who I know are going to make it special! Thats it for now! 

No comments: