Monday, September 8, 2008

The Beautiful City of Prague


Its official....I'm in love with Prague. Its so beautiful here. The streets are made of cobblestone and brick. The buildings are either castles or extremely ornate. It almost seems like an unreal place. However the insane amount of smoke, car honking, and people shoving me out of the way quickly brings me back to reality. Almost everyone uses public transportation, whether it is the tram or the underground tracks, they are packed with people. Bring that we are Americans and everything is so new to us, the locals seem to be irritated with our constant picture taking and the always present "ohhhhs" and "ahhhhs." Being such a touristy city, one would think english would be more prevalent, but it is actually quite difficult to find someone who we can ask a  question or get some help from. Meredith (the girl who is also here from my school) keeps telling me I was too sheltered, because I am constantly taken back by the rudeness  of people. I just think everyone should respect every other persons space and presence. Apparently the people in Prague disagree with my thinking :). I have been trying to find a purse that zips, because pick pocketing is very common here. The locals will actually team up on a tourist and one will bump into them roughly, and while the tourist reacts, the other will grab their wallet, or other belongings. Still all of the negatives cannot over shadow the unique beauty that this city holds! 

1 comment:

jill said...

WOW - it is beautiful! APpreciate the beauty that is there, and as for the not-so-nice things, appreciate what you have at home. That way you always come out full of appreciation! I love you!