Saturday, December 13, 2008

An End in Sight


It completely blows my mind that in a week from today I will be back home in the states. It seems like I just got here, and am finally settling, but now I'm preparing to leave. It is a bitter-sweet realization. I am so sad to leave this beautiful place. My life here is much different than how it is at home. Here, I walk amongst castles, cathedrals, and  beauty. However, thinking about what I will gain by leaving makes my heart skip beats. I cannot wait to jump into the arms of the love of my life, Joe. The thought of kissing Kamaya and Donovan places an instant smile on my face. The fact that I get to finally hug my parents is so exciting. Getting to see my amazing sisters and  brothers is thrilling. I am losing much, but gaining more!
Since it is my last week in Prague, I have been really busy. We have been waking up early the past few days and doing some last minute tours and spending lots of money buying souvenirs. As of last Thursday, the weather has been getting much colder. It has been snowing off and on, which has been so exciting to see. Despite our numb toes and freezing noses, it has been a blast wrapping up our trip here in Prague. Tomorrow (Sunday) everyone is going to stay in all day and prepare for the upcoming finals. I have one final Monday (Nutrition, Behavior, and Culture) and another Tuesday night (Sociology of Globalization) and then I have my last test Wednesday (Psychology of Partnership). Thursday our program has invited us to a "Farewell Dinner," which I'm really looking forward to. It is sad to think I will soon have to say good-bye to all of my friends I have met here. Friday my friends and I are going to do our "Last Supper" dinner together, and then that night we are staying up until three in the morning until our taxi comes to take us to the airport. I am traveling with Meredith ( my friend here who is also Concordia) and Chelsea, who is from Portland as well. I am flying from Prague to Frankfurt Germany, and then straight on to the Portland. I will be the happiest girl in the world at 11 in the morning on Saturday when I arrive home.  
With Christmas around the corner, and the quickly approaching departure date, I have so much to look forward too. However, closing this chapter of my life is hard to do. I will miss so much here. I feel so blessed to be able to have had this experience. I will never EVER forget the memories that were created here. 

No comments: